Junk filtering
Ed Cryer
2024-03-13 14:14:20 UTC
I belong to a mailing list, from which all posts get routed into Junk. I
constantly move them into Inbox, but the damn Mail program never learns.
My searches around the Web find lots of others with the same problem.

I can't believe Apple haven't implemented a Junk filtering option, but
where is it? It must be somewhere, otherwise how come they go into Junk?

Ed
sobriquet
2024-03-14 16:14:03 UTC
Post by Ed Cryer
I belong to a mailing list, from which all posts get routed into Junk. I
constantly move them into Inbox, but the damn Mail program never learns.
My searches around the Web find lots of others with the same problem.
I can't believe Apple haven't implemented a Junk filtering option, but
where is it? It must be somewhere, otherwise how come they go into Junk?
Ed
Maybe it also depends on the mail account you're using, like the mail
account from your internet provider or a webmail account.

One option to consider would also be to create a new free webmail
account like a gmail account and testing if it works better if you
switch to receiving the mailinglist messages there.

With a gmail account, you can log in to your account via the browser and
then you have lots more options to configure the mail settings, even
when you normally use the default mail app on the ipad to read emails
(using multiple mail accounts in that app).
Ed Cryer
2024-03-14 19:09:20 UTC
Post by sobriquet
Post by Ed Cryer
[...]
It comes through btinternet.com.
Is it possible that they've marked it as junk, and iPad Mail just obeys
and dumps it in the Junk folder?

Ed
Ed Cryer
2024-03-14 19:30:10 UTC
Post by Ed Cryer
Post by sobriquet
Post by Ed Cryer
[...]
I'll wait for the next postings and then go to btinternet online and try
tinkering with the spam filters.

Ed
Jolly Roger

JR
sobriquet
2024-03-14 23:49:15 UTC
Post by Ed Cryer
Post by sobriquet
Post by Ed Cryer
[...]
Most likely you can access your email account via the website of
btinternet.com and they might offer settings that affect the way junk
mail is handled.
Ed Cryer
2024-03-15 09:47:49 UTC
Post by sobriquet
Post by Ed Cryer
Post by sobriquet
Post by Ed Cryer
[...]
Yes. I've done just that. They have a "Safe Senders" list that you can
add to; just as MS Outlook does. In fact, the whole layout of their
webmail looks like Outlooks.
I've added the domain address, but I'm not sure that will cover it; I
suspect I'll have to add individual posters.

Ed

Mister Johnson
One doesn't belong to a mailing list: one subscribes.
Ed Cryer
2024-03-14 19:07:15 UTC
Post by Mister Johnson
Post by Ed Cryer
I belong to a mailing list, from which all posts get routed into Junk. I
constantly move them into Inbox, but the damn Mail program never learns.
My searches around the Web find lots of others with the same problem.
I can't believe Apple haven't implemented a Junk filtering option, but
where is it? It must be somewhere, otherwise how come they go into Junk?
Ed
One doesn't belong to a mailing list: one subscribes.
And one uses one's brain to think before leaping to immature conclusions
and BS replies.

Ed