How do you install hundreds of free apps on your iOS device from all your friend's and other people's iOS devices?
Arlen Holder
2018-07-09 12:39:04 UTC
How do you install hundreds of free apps on your iOS device from all your
friend's and other people's iOS devices without using the Apple App Store
on the new iOS device?

1. With Android, on any number of old phones, all you do is install any
free automatic app backup app
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.usage.appbackup>

2. Then you plug any number of old phones from your friends and family
into Windows, where, if you have the USB option enabled on the phone,
Windows will automatically "mount" the phone's file system so that you
can slide the hundreds of APKs onto Windows for archival purposes.

3. When you're ready to install the hundreds of free apps on a new Android
phone, just plug in your new Android phone and slide the hundreds of
Android free app APKs over to that new Android phones' file system.

4. On the new Android phone, use the default file explorer (or any file
explorer that can work with APK compressed files) to install any of
the hundreds of free apps onto that new phone.

5. For this example, we chose the F-Droid open source New Pipe application,
which is sort of a free youtube-red clone that allows the user to
search, view, play, strip, rip, download, etc., youtube videos at will.

6. The first time you install from an APK copied over from Windows,
you will need to allow installation from "unknown sources" on the
new Android phone.

7. Since these APKs were culled from your own devices, they present
a very low risk to the user, and they help you gain privacy since
you have no need to be involved with anything on Google Play:

8. Here you see "Unknown sources" are enabled on the new phone.

9. This New Pipe application does not need any special permissions.

10. Either accept or decline the "Google Play Protect" scheme.

11. Then the install of the app will occur on the new Android phone.

12. Resulting in an "App installed" success message on the new phone.

13. In this case, those quick steps provide you with the capability
of replacing the youtube app with a much more powerful alternative
which will not only strip out the audio or video from a youtube
video, but it can search and play any youtube video where you'll
likely never need or use the original youtube app ever again.

In this way, you can quickly populate your new Android device with hundreds
of your favorite apps. Optionally, you can create a data repository on the
Android device, using the keyboard and mouse on Windows, so that each app
stores its data in your data hierarchy on the Android phone (and where you
can use free file redirectors for those apps that don't have a setting to
change their default data storage locations.)

In summary, this note shows how easy it is for Windows Android
users to automatically archive all their free apps from a variety
of Android phones, and then to combine those APKs into a software
repository that can be copied directly to a new Android phone,
and installed, without ever needing Google Play and all the privacy
leaks (e.g., Advertiser ID) that may come with the Google Account.

For example, since there is no Google Account, there is no
Advertiser ID for the Android phone.
How do you accomplish something that easy on iOS?

That is, how do you install hundreds of free apps on your iOS device from
all your friend's and other people's iOS devices without using the Apple
App Store on the new iOS device.
sms
2018-07-09 13:20:14 UTC
You have succinctly pointed out why corporations prefer the iPhone.
Arlen Holder
2018-07-09 18:31:28 UTC
Post by sms
Post by Arlen Holder
How do you install hundreds of free apps on your iOS device from all your
friend's and other people's iOS devices without using the Apple App Store
on the new iOS device?
You have succinctly pointed out why corporations prefer the iPhone.
I'm never succinct!

But I do know what iOS can and cannot do.

All I'm doing here is telling the truth.

BTW, on using your iOS device as an effective "USB stick", did you ever
solve what didn't work for you? Was my explanation enough information for
you (do you have Ubuntu 18.04 installed as a dual-boot system?).
Jolly Roger
2018-07-09 16:16:59 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
How do you install hundreds of free apps on your iOS device from all your
friend's and other people's iOS devices without using the Apple App Store
on the new iOS device?
Most iOS users just drag the IPA files into iTunes and sync them to the
iOS device in question. Works great. I've done it many times on many
different computers running macOS and Windows. It's quick and
effortless.

Of course we know that you'll get your granny panties twisted about the
*fact* that iTunes works so well for this task, being the complete loser
Apple-hating troll you are. And we also know that next you'll
predictably move the goal post and claim that the solution must not use
iTunes even though you never specified any such condition; but that is
to be expected from a cranky, old fart who is only here to troll and
disrupt. That's life. Meanwhile, while you fumble around not being able
to do simple things like this, the rest of us have already done it and
walked out the door. Have fun with your little manufactured troll bitch
session. The rest of us have already installed our apps and now have way
better things to do.

Bye, Felicia.

JR
Arlen Holder
2018-07-09 18:31:29 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Most iOS users just drag the IPA files into iTunes and sync them to the
iOS device in question. Works great. I've done it many times on many
different computers running macOS and Windows. It's quick and
effortless.
If you don't see how the hugely limited Apple IPA method doesn't even
remotely provide the power described in the subject line of this post, then
you never will see facts.

You're entire belief system is lain upon a foundation of misinformation.
Post by Jolly Roger
Of course we know that you'll get your granny panties twisted about the
*fact* that iTunes works so well for this task, being the complete loser
Apple-hating troll you are.
You Snit-like fools always make the assumption that because I actually know
what iOS can and cannot do, that I hate Apple - but what you fail to
comprehend is that I only tell the truth.

Look at the subject line.
Post by Jolly Roger
And we also know that next you'll
predictably move the goal post and claim that the solution must not use
iTunes even though you never specified any such condition; but that is
to be expected from a cranky, old fart who is only here to troll and
disrupt.
You iOS man children can't even comprehend the subject line of this post.
Post by Jolly Roger
That's life. Meanwhile, while you fumble around not being able
to do simple things like this, the rest of us have already done it and
walked out the door. Have fun with your little manufactured troll bitch
session. The rest of us have already installed our apps and now have way
better things to do.
Hehhehheh ... I love when you post Jolly Roger because you always "just
give up", and then claim that it's more efficient to just give up than it
is to actually be able to accomplish something.

The fact is that iOS is of an Orwellian design that is comfortable to you.
Jolly Roger
2018-07-09 20:10:41 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
Post by Jolly Roger
Most iOS users just drag the IPA files into iTunes and sync them to the
iOS device in question. Works great. I've done it many times on many
different computers running macOS and Windows. It's quick and
effortless.
If you don't see how the hugely limited Apple IPA method
IPA files aren't "methods", but the effective equivalent of Android's
APK files - they are just the binary package format for iOS
applications. Like any file, they can be copied and moved, as well as
imported into your iTunes library to sync with your iOS devices.
Post by Arlen Holder
the power described in the subject line of this post
Installing hundreds of arbitrary apps on your iOS device is as simple as
dragging the IPA files into iTunes and clicking a button.
Post by Arlen Holder
you never will see facts.
Projection from a well-established idiot troll.
Post by Arlen Holder
You're entire belief system is lain upon a foundation of misinformation.
More projection.

JR
Arlen Holder
2018-07-09 20:20:39 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
IPA files aren't "methods", but the effective equivalent of Android's
APK files - they are just the binary package format for iOS
applications. Like any file, they can be copied and moved, as well as
imported into your iTunes library to sync with your iOS devices.
You ignorant iOS fools just play silly semantic games.

You *know* as well as I do that you can't do on iOS what the subject line
says.

All you can do is *dance* around the facts.
But that doesn't change the facts.

For free apps, the Orwellian IPA model is supremely restrictive compared to
the APK model.

You know that.
And you know that I know that.

Even nospam, who always just guesses, even knows that.
Post by Jolly Roger
[1 quoted line suppressed]
Installing hundreds of arbitrary apps on your iOS device is as simple as
dragging the IPA files into iTunes and clicking a button.
Hehhehhehheh ... you didn't comprehend a single word of the subject line.
Post by Jolly Roger
[1 quoted line suppressed]
Projection from a well-established idiot troll.
Says Jolly Roger ... who ... as the case may be, has to *fabricate*
imaginary conversations just so that he can 'appear to be witty' to
himself.

Proof here:
Why do the iOS trolls like Jolly Roger & nospam always FABRICATE
conversations... just so they can sound "witty" in response?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/GExRc1qrFGo>
nospam
2018-07-09 21:07:45 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
You *know* as well as I do that you can't do on iOS what the subject line
says.
it can, and it's been explained to you on more than one occasion.

you refuse to admit it, so you go off on a rant, as you have been doing
all day in multiple groups.
Arlen Holder
2018-07-09 21:28:45 UTC
Post by nospam
it can, and it's been explained to you on more than one occasion.
you refuse to admit it, so you go off on a rant, as you have been doing
all day in multiple groups.
Hehhehheh ...

You spew everything but actual referenced facts!

That's why you're wrong more than even the monkey is.

You have zero credibitily on any Usenet newsgroup, nospam.
you're almost never right.

I only speak fact.
Facts are funny that way.

*Your entire belief system, nospam, is simply a wrong guess.*
Johan
You have learned a lot from dumb trump, you speak and lie in the same way.
Arlen Holder
2018-07-13 18:02:17 UTC
Post by Johan
You have learned a lot from dumb trump
One thing I don't discuss on these technical newsgroups is politics.
You chitchatters bring up politics because you have no technical acumen.

In addition, the nospam & Jolly Roger trolls incessantly fabricate
imaginary iOS functionality in response to most technical threads:
Why do the Apple Apologists deny facts & habitually fabricate imaginary content?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/eRTC23FyVDY/fDk0k8KAAwAJ>

I am nothing like those chitchat trolls whose belief system is imaginary:
a. I post technical facts
b. I confront those cowardly bully trolls (in threads I care about).

Since I care about this thread, I confront, with facts, the nospam and
Jolly Roger cowardly bully trolls who simply make up everything they say.

Based on their own posts, both the nospam and Jolly Roger trolls either are
ignorant of how iOS IPA work or they're both just playing their chilidish
game (pick one) when they loudly proclaim their imaginary iOS functionality
that iOS can do what is stated in the subject line.

I've noticed these cowardly bullies constantly fabricate imaginary iOS
functionality which, until you realize that they're almost never correct,
it drives people nuts who are actually seeking a solution.
Why do iOS apologists incessantly fabricate fictional iOS functionality?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.ipad/vcq3ESStmlc/bjhf9Z5vBAAJ>

What these cowardly bullies like nospam and Jolly Roger do when someone
asks a question about functionality they don't like, is they send that
innocent person on a wild-goose chase, always claiming their imaginary
functionality, but never backing it up with facts.

The only people fooled are the iOS gullibles (of which there are many).

But someone actually trying to accomplish something just wastes their time
trying to implement the wholly imaginary functionality that both Jolly
Roger and the nospam troll incessantly fabricate.

It drove me nuts, years ago, and it drives others nuts, in that nobody can
follow their "advice" since it's completely made up on their part.

Both nospam and Jolly Roger are:
a. Purposefully unhelpful, and,
b. Neither has much technical knowledge, hence,
c. They incessantly fabricate imaginary iOS functionality.

Those are well-proven facts.
Post by Johan
you speak and lie in the same way.
Hehhehheh ... and yet, you can't name a *single* time when I was wrong.

Notice ... you make claims you can't back up, and yet, you call me, someone
who only speaks valid verifiable facts, "lie".

*It's amazingly odd how childish you average iOS users really are.*

You don't seem to have a belief system based on facts.

Jolly Roger
2018-07-10 14:58:43 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
Post by Jolly Roger
IPA files aren't "methods", but the effective equivalent of Android's
APK files - they are just the binary package format for iOS
applications. Like any file, they can be copied and moved, as well as
imported into your iTunes library to sync with your iOS devices.
You ignorant iOS fools just play silly semantic games.
You *know* as well as I do that you can't do on iOS what the subject
line says.
Drag the IPA files into iTunes and sync them to the iOS device. Done.
Post by Arlen Holder
All you can do is *dance* around the facts.
Projection.

JR
Arlen Holder
2018-07-10 15:24:41 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Drag the IPA files into iTunes and sync them to the iOS device. Done.
This is why I love you Jolly Roger, since you're an average iOS user:
*You prove how unfathomably stupid avg iOS users are every time you post.*

Worse, you appear to actually *believe* in your blatantly fabricated
imaginary functionality, which is your response to the subject line:
How do you *install* hundreds of free apps on your iOS device
from all your friend's and *other people's iOS devices*?

Either your statements indicate that you actually believe your incessant
fabrications of non-existing iOS functionality, or you didn't comprehend a
single word in the subject line of this thread, or, you're just playing the
same fourth-grade silly semantic games that the other apparently
just-as-uneducated poster nospam always tries to play.

HINT: If you're actually that stupid, Jolly Roger, as to believe that a
dragged IPA file will actually work to install the app on anyone's iOS
device, then you've just proven (yet again) to everyone how ignorant you
really are about how IPAs work on iOS!)

*You and your buddy nospam prove your ignorance about iOS every time.*

I only speak facts.

It's a fact that you've *never* done what the subject line of this threads
asks, since, if we assume you *comprehended* the subject line, you can't
install those IPA files" from and to all your friend's and other people's
iOS devices, which is clearly what the subject line says.

*It's kind of scary that you are the epitome of the typical iOS user.*

Snit did the same thing, where you high-fived him because he was able to
show a pretty graph which fooled you, nospam, Frank Slootweg, Lewise,
***@ONRamp, etc..

What's amazing about you iOS man children is that not a single one of you
can comprehend what an abscissa is!

Not one of you.
You're all *that incredibly stupid*.
You prove how unfathomably stupid you iOS users are every time you post.

That's shocking if we are to assume that you are the average iOS users!

What's enlightening about you, Jolly Roger, is the scary thought that:
*You actually believe your incessant iOS functional fabrications.*

Since you're a typical iOS user, that's what is so enlightening about you.
But that's just scary since the only way you can make such ridiculous
claims is either:
a. You actually believe your incessant iOS functionality fabrications, or,
b. You have no expertise so you play silly fourth-grade semantic games, or,
c. You don't comprehend much - not even the subject line of this thread.

Pick one.
Jolly Roger
2018-07-10 19:08:05 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
Worse, you appear to actually *believe* in your blatantly fabricated
How do you *install* hundreds of free apps on your iOS device
from all your friend's and *other people's iOS devices*?
Apps are just IPA files. Drag the IPA files into iTunes and sync them to
the iOS device. Done.
Post by Arlen Holder
HINT: If you're actually that stupid, Jolly Roger, as to believe that a
dragged IPA file will actually work to install the app on anyone's iOS
device, then you've just proven (yet again) to everyone how ignorant you
really are about how IPAs work on iOS!)
It works fine. You clearly haven't even tried it.
Post by Arlen Holder
I only speak facts.
You don't know the difference between facts and conjecture.

JR
nospam
2018-07-10 19:15:17 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Arlen Holder
Worse, you appear to actually *believe* in your blatantly fabricated
How do you *install* hundreds of free apps on your iOS device
from all your friend's and *other people's iOS devices*?
Apps are just IPA files. Drag the IPA files into iTunes and sync them to
the iOS device. Done.
ios apps can also be installed *without* itunes, which is how
enterprise customers configure employee phones.
Arlen Holder
2018-07-11 04:19:05 UTC
Post by nospam
ios apps can also be installed *without* itunes, which is how
enterprise customers configure employee phones.
The fact that you're incessantly playing your silly games by the clever
wording in the post above is why I've always said you should be a defense
lawyer for shady criminals.

You'd never make it as a prosecutor because you are always wrong - but your
purposefully changing the goal posts in all your responses indicates that
your approach might work on wstupid OJ jurors like most iOS users here
appear to have the mentality of.

The average iOS users here like Jolly Roger and NoName are so stupid they
can't read right through what you just wrote, which avoids the known
Orwellian restrictions stated in the subject line entirely of installing
typical free apps from the iOS App Store such as those that are on all my
iOS devices onto devices registered to completely different users.

The fact you have to resort to such subterfuge indicates your abject
acceptance of the facts; hence I'm done with your pathetic games on this
thread.
nospam
2018-07-11 05:21:25 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
The average iOS users here like Jolly Roger and NoName are so stupid they
at least they aren't as stupid as the person who repeatedly gets names
wrong or keep track of which group they're supposedly in.
Arlen Holder
2018-07-11 04:20:58 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Apps are just IPA files. Drag the IPA files into iTunes and sync them to
the iOS device. Done.
As I said to nospam just now, the fact you have to change the problem set
completely indicates your abject acceptance of the fact that the iOS IPA
system is restricted like you can't believe, compared to how *all* other
operating systems handle free apps from the typical sources.

Since you're just playing your pathetic games, I'll no longer have any
contact with you on this thread, since your wording proves you accept the
facts as stated in the subject line as being incontrovertible.
Jolly Roger
2018-07-11 21:36:35 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
Post by Jolly Roger
Apps are just IPA files. Drag the IPA files into iTunes and sync them
to the iOS device. Done.
As I said to nospam just now, the fact you have to change the problem set
I haven't changed anything, dip shit. Dragging hundreds of free IPA
files into iTunes and clicking the Sync button is all that is needed to
install them on your iOS device, which is *precisely* what you ask for.
Your blowhard rantings are idiotic to the highest degree, as anyone who
has actually done this with iTunes knows from first-hand experience.
Nothing you can say will change the *fact* that doing this is brain-dead
simple. By arguing about something so *trivial*, you're just making
yourself look like an even *bigger* fool (who knew that was possible?)
than you already are to *anyone* who knows better. You're a pathetic
*loser* who can't figure out how to do the *simplest* things due to your
*irrational* hatred of all things Apple. The day you fuck off and die is
the day these news groups *instantly* and *permanently* improve.

JR
nospam
2018-07-11 21:48:10 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Arlen Holder
Post by Jolly Roger
Apps are just IPA files. Drag the IPA files into iTunes and sync them
to the iOS device. Done.
As I said to nospam just now, the fact you have to change the problem set
I haven't changed anything, dip shit. Dragging hundreds of free IPA
files into iTunes and clicking the Sync button is all that is needed to
install them on your iOS device, which is *precisely* what you ask for.
since he (irrationally) hates itunes, there's *four* alternatives to do
what he supposedly wants to do (which keeps changing) that i can think
of that doesn't require itunes.

three of them do *not* require jailbreaking. but since he regularly
roots android, jailbreaking is not a disqualifier (although he will
claim it is), so it's four, total.

cue another one of his rants.
Jolly Roger
2018-07-11 22:28:51 UTC
Post by nospam
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Arlen Holder
Post by Jolly Roger
Apps are just IPA files. Drag the IPA files into iTunes and sync them
to the iOS device. Done.
As I said to nospam just now, the fact you have to change the problem set
I haven't changed anything, dip shit. Dragging hundreds of free IPA
files into iTunes and clicking the Sync button is all that is needed to
install them on your iOS device, which is *precisely* what you ask for.
since he (irrationally) hates itunes, there's *four* alternatives to do
what he supposedly wants to do (which keeps changing) that i can think
of that doesn't require itunes.
three of them do *not* require jailbreaking. but since he regularly
roots android, jailbreaking is not a disqualifier (although he will
claim it is), so it's four, total.
cue another one of his rants.
Yeah, I was just giving him the method with the fewest steps. Drag and
click and you're done.

JR
nospam
2018-07-11 22:55:37 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by nospam
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Arlen Holder
Post by Jolly Roger
[...]
you should know by now that he wants the solution with the *most* steps
possible. if it only requires one tap, then it's no good.
Your Name
2018-07-09 20:49:06 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
How do you install hundreds of free apps on your iOS device from all your
friend's and other people's iOS devices without using the Apple App Store
on the new iOS device?
1. With Android,
<snip>

Oh dear, yet another fool who bought a crappy Android phone tries to
make themselves feel better by attempting to point out a supposed
"flaw" in Apple's iPhone. Just another moron to add to the killfile.
:-\
Arlen Holder
2018-07-09 21:32:09 UTC
Post by Your Name
Oh dear, yet another fool who bought a crappy Android phone tries to
make themselves feel better by attempting to point out a supposed
"flaw" in Apple's iPhone. Just another moron to add to the killfile.
You do realize I probably have bought more iOS devices in the past two
years than you've purchased in your entire life, don't you?

The fact that I happen to *know* what iOS can and cannot do, and that I
happen to know that a five-year-old Android phone has *more* app
functionality than any iOS device ever sold, is what you don't like.

You don't like facts.

The fact is you can't do any of what is discussed on this thread, on iOS.
Nobody can.

The fact is that iOS is a primitive Orwellian hugely restricted system.

Simply knowing that fact about iOS is why you call Android 'crappy'.

You can't do it.
So you blame Android.

Nospam does the same thing. As does Jolly Roger.
*You blame Android for proving out the primitive app functionality on iOS.*
sms
2018-07-11 03:12:02 UTC
Post by Arlen Holder
How do you install hundreds of free apps on your iOS device from all your
friend's and other people's iOS devices without using the Apple App Store
on the new iOS device?
1. With Android, on any number of old phones, all you do is install any
free automatic app backup app
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.usage.appbackup>
2. Then you plug any number of old phones from your friends and family
into Windows, where, if you have the USB option enabled on the phone,
Windows will automatically "mount" the phone's file system so that you
can slide the hundreds of APKs onto Windows for archival purposes.
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_android_apk001.jpg>
Not really. You can't get to the folder where the APK files are located
on the old devices unless the devices are rooted. There are big security
risks of downloading APK files from unknown sources, but some sources
are safe.

I have wished that I had rooted one of my devices which had an app no
longer present in the Play Store, but I wasting too much time on the
game anyway.

Apple takes security seriously. No side-loading of apps. I am really
impressed with their new feature that disables the Lightning port after
one hour <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208857>.

I'm not sure I would trust Google Pay given the security issues with
Android, but I would not have the same concerns about Apple Pay. I was
in a place today where the cafe does not take cash for purchases, you
can only pay with Apple Pay, or in limited circumstances, with
management approval, a credit card.
Arlen Holder
2018-07-11 04:21:00 UTC
Post by sms
Not really. You can't get to the folder where the APK files are located
on the old devices unless the devices are rooted. There are big security
risks of downloading APK files from unknown sources, but some sources
are safe.
I have wished that I had rooted one of my devices which had an app no
longer present in the Play Store, but I wasting too much time on the
game anyway.
Hi sms,

Since you're educated, purposefully helpful, and not a troll like Jolly
Roger, Noname, and nospam, I like you and I want to help you do what you
just said you couldn't do, since, if I understand your problem set, it's
trivial to do what you want on Android.

Since it's soooooooo easy to do, I'll do it right now, on two of my phones,
just to prove out the steps for you (just like I did for you on connecting
the iOS device to the desktop to use it as an effective "usb stick"
simultaneously on all three operating systems's visible storage.

You'll have to let me know though, whether I understood your problem set
correctly, since what I infer is your problem set, is sooooooo easy to do
on Android, that comparing Android to iOS is meaningless in this case.

Let me explain what I will do right now for you, since what I'm about to do
for you seems "similar" if not exactly your problem set - so that you know
you can trust that I've actually done what I say (unlike the worthless
posts from nospam, Jolly Roger & NoName in this thread where they troll
silly semantic fourth-grade crap about corporate IPAs working like App
Store IPAs).

1. I have this non-rooted Moto-G which the grandkids dropped while playing
games, so that the screen is unreadable and literally bleeding some kind
of black liquid under the shattered glass - such that it's basically
unusable.
2. I have one of the many $130 LG Stylo 3 Plus phones I bought last year
which I just factory reset in order to set it up with the *exact* apps
(same version, same everything) as I had on the Moto-G.
3. Note the Moto-G is running two versions of Android lower than the LG
(which, in practice, doesn't matter - the free app APKs all work fine!)
4. Worse, the Moto-G does NOT have an sdcard so I can't just populate
the SD card and put it into the LG - but I don't need the sdcard since
I can just slide apps from the Moto-G directly onto the LG anyway.
5. There are so many ways to copy free apps from one Android phone to
another that I'm just going to show you the one way I just did it
for you.
6. The first thing I did is copy one specific app from the Moto G to
the LG simply because the screen is so bad on the Moto-G that I
needed to run the exact same app (exactly!) on the LG to figure out
the location of the specific buttons to hit (but let's ignore that
step since you can probably *see* your screen on your older phone).
7. Note, since you're an Apple user too, that the "id" on each phone
is completely random, and I don't even know what it is, since
neither phone has any Google account (i.e., Google Play is not
set up on either phone simply because it's never needed).

I will have to do a couple of steps that you won't have to do since I can't
*see* anything on the old phone and I already have APKs backed up on the
old phone so I have to wipe them out to reproduce your problem set.
a. I plug in both phones into a Windows desktop, which mounts the entire
visible file system of both phones automatically, as read/write.
b. From Windows (since it's easy with a mouse, keyboard, & big screen),
I wipe out the APK directory on the old phone (you won't have to
do this step) so that I can start with an empty app backup folder.

Now we're at the stage where you would do what I do below:
A. On the old phone I run the free App Backup & Restore app (using the same
app on the new phone for guidance where the buttons are), and I turn
off "system apps" (I don't want to transfer them over to the new phone),
and hit the "all installed apps" button, and then hit the "backup"
button. Voila. All my APKs are backed up to the old phone.
B. On Windows, I slide all those newly created APK files from the old
phone to the new phone. Now I'm completely done with the old phone
(I can back up contacts & pictures just as easily but that's not
the point of this quick note which is only about free apps).
C. On the new phone, I open the default file explorer, and, one by one,
I select the APKs and install them onto the new phone. Every single
one of the entire set from the old phone worked just fine on the
new phone.

Voila!
It's that easy.

I. Run the free "App Backup & Restore" on the old phone.
II. Slide all those newly created free app APKs over to the new phone.
III. Tap on each free app APK in turn, to install on the new phone!

Let me run those steps for you and show you screenshots (since, unlike
nospam and Jolly Roger who fabricate everything they say iOS can do), I
prove everything I say is a fact) where all I need you to do is let me know
if I understood your problem set correctly (where my problem set seems
slightly harder than yours since I can't see anything on the old phone
screen but that's where Windows comes in, since it can see everything on
Android).
Arlen Holder
2018-07-11 10:05:06 UTC
SOLVED!

Hehhehheh ... Try this on iOS!
- Old phone = Android 5.x Moto-G (with unusable screen)
- New phone = Android 7.x LG Stylo 3 Plus

I. Run the free "App Backup & Restore" on the old phone & connect to USB:
II. Slide all those newly created free app APKs over to the new phone.
III. Tap on each free app APK in turn, to install on the new phone!
Voila!

Note: Neither phone has a Google Play ID account.

Every free app on your old phone is now running on your new phone!
[Note that there is no need to bother with IDs of any sort.]

My old phone was cracked so badly you couldn't see the screen:

I had to run the exact same app & vesion on the new phone so
that I could figure out where the buttons were on the old phone
since I wanted to archive just all the 110 installed apps on
the old phone:

Once you plug in the device, iOS & Android can share data files:

Here you see the two phones, the Moto-G & the LG Stylo 3 Plus:

The entire visible file system is available read/write to Windows:

The 110 installed apps (not counting system apps) were extracted
to APKs (after the fact) and placed in this directory:

Here you see the 110 installed apps on the old Moto-G phone:

All you do is slide the APKs from the old phone to the new phone:

Now you see the 110 apps from the old phone on the new phone:

To install, just tap on any old APK now on the new phone!

In this case, we've just installed the NewPipe app from its APK:

Almost never does an APK not work from one phone to another!

Here are the 110 free apps that were installed on the old phone
(which are now installed on the new phone!)

* 920 Text Editor-com.jecelyin.editor-39-v12.11.23.apk
* AcDisplay-com.achep.acdisplay-76-v3.8.4.apk
* Activity Diary-de.rampro.activitydiary-118-v1.1.8.apk
* Amaze-com.amaze.filemanager-63-v3.2.1.apk
* AndrOBD-com.fr3ts0n.ecu.gui.androbd-10505-V1.5.5.apk
* Android System WebView-com.google.android.webview-332510900-v65.0.3325.109.apk
* Android version-com.github.mueller_ma.viewandroidversion-3-v1.3.apk
* AndSys ~ Apps-net.sourceforge.andsys-33-v0.4-rc3.apk
* App Backup & Restore-mobi.usage.appbackup-40-v1.3.8.apk
* App Ops-rikka.appops-586-v2.3.11.r586.6ef3932.apk
* Applications Info-com.majeur.applicationsinfo-7-v1.6.apk
* Audio Recorder-com.github.axet.audiorecorder-250-v3.1.19.apk
* BackCountry Navigator DEMO-com.crittermap.backcountrynavigator-346-v6.7.6.apk
* Barcode Scanner-com.google.zxing.client.android-107-v4.7.7.apk
* Browser-de.baumann.browser-72-v5.3.1.apk
* Budoist-budo.budoist-33-v1.3.2.apk
* Calendar-com.simplemobiletools.calendar-115-v3.3.2.apk
* Calendula-es.usc.citius.servando.calendula-33-v2.5.2.apk
* Call Recorder-com.github.axet.callrecorder-153-v1.5.32.apk
* Chrome-com.android.chrome-328213701-v64.0.3282.137.apk
* Clear List-douzifly.list-21-v1.5.6.apk
* Clock-com.google.android.deskclock-52001812-v5.2 (4471843).apk
* Cloud Print-com.google.android.apps.cloudprint-137-v1.37.apk
* Community compass-com.sgr_b2.compass-10405-v1.4.5.apk
* Compass-net.micode.compass-1-v0.1.apk
* Contacts-com.simplemobiletools.contacts-11-v3.3.0.apk
* crushr-com.tjm.crushr-3-v1.2.apk
* Delta Chat-com.b44t.messenger-512-v0.14.0.apk
* Did I-si.modrajagoda.didi-1-v1.0.apk
* Drive-com.google.android.apps.docs-180720234-v2.18.072.02.34.apk
* DuckDuckGo-com.duckduckgo.mobile.android-40300-v4.3.0.apk
* Easer-ryey.easer-58-v0.5.5.2.apk
* Easy Voice Recorder-com.coffeebeanventures.easyvoicerecorder-10921-v1.9.1.4.apk
* Editor-org.billthefarmer.editor-119-v1.19.apk
* F-Droid-org.fdroid.fdroid-1000013-v1.0.3.apk
* File Manager-com.simplemobiletools.filemanager-48-v3.3.2.apk
* Firefox-org.mozilla.firefox-2015539873-v58.0.2.apk
* Flashlight-com.simplemobiletools.flashlight-26-v3.1.0.apk
* FRITZ!AppÿWLAN-de.avm.android.wlanapp-549-v1.2.1.apk
* FTP Server (Free)-be.ppareit.swiftp_free-21800-v2.18.apk
* Gallery-com.motorola.MotGallery2-530032-v530032.apk
* Gallery-com.simplemobiletools.gallery-164-v3.5.2.apk
* Gboard-com.google.android.inputmethod.latin-26690809-v6.9.8-armeabi-v7a.apk
* Gmail-com.google.android.gm-60126837-v8.2.11.186835846.release.apk
* Google-com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-300761901-v7.21.23.21.arm.apk
* Google Play Books-com.google.android.apps.books-49970-v4.0.apk
* Google Play Games-com.google.android.play.games-54390036-v5.4.39.apk
* Google Play Movies & TV-com.google.android.videos-40106131-v4.1.6.13.apk
* Google Play Music-com.google.android.music-67731-v8.7.6773-1.A.apk
* Google Play Newsstand-com.google.android.apps.magazines-2017080130-v4.7.1.apk
* Google Play services-com.google.android.gms-12685008-v12.6.85.apk
* Google Play Store-com.android.vending-81060800-v10.6.08-all.apk
* Google Text-to-speech Engine-com.google.android.tts-210314091-v3.14.9.apk
* Google+-com.google.android.apps.plus-419623338-.apk
* GPSLogger-com.mendhak.gpslogger-91-v91.apk
* Hangouts-com.google.android.talk-247463333.apk
* Hangouts Dialer-com.google.android.apps.hangoutsdialer-1642.apk
* Haven-org.havenapp.main-102-v0.1.0-beta-3.apk
* Here GPS Location-com.borneq.heregpslocation-1-v1.0.apk
* Hourglass-com.alaskalinuxuser.hourglass-6-v1.6.apk
* HP Print Service Plugin-com.hp.android.printservice-383-.apk
* Jota Text Editor-jp.sblo.pandora.jota-85-v0.2.35.apk
* Just A Damn Compass-uk.co.jarofgreen.JustADamnCompass-2-v1.1.apk
* K-9 Mail-com.fsck.k9-23630-v5.403.apk
* Kik-kik.android-20000417-v12.8.0.7334.apk
* Locus Map-menion.android.locus-692-v3.29.2.apk
* Maniana-com.zapta.apps.maniana-26015-v1.26.apk
* Maps-com.github.axet.maps-1030-v8.1.0-2-Google.apk
* Maps-com.google.android.apps.maps-972200143-v9.72.2.apk
* Mirakel-de.azapps.mirakelandroid-82-v3.0.apk
* Motorola Migrate-com.motorola.migrate-17006-v1.7.0.06.apk
* Music Player-com.simplemobiletools.musicplayer-38-v3.2.1.apk
* MyTrails-com.frogsparks.mytrails-14384-v2.1.2.apk
* Navigator-com.mapfactor.navigator-31107-v3.1.107.apk
* Navmii USA-com.navfree.android.OSM.USA-100366-v3.6.15.apk
* NewPipe-org.schabi.newpipe-47-v0.11.6.apk
* NewPipe Beta-org.schabi.newpipe.beta-48-v0.12.0.apk
* Nova Launcher-com.teslacoilsw.launcher-56100-v5.5.3.apk
* Orbot-org.torproject.android-16000010-v16.0.0-RC-2-multi-SDK16.apk
* Orfox-info.guardianproject.orfox-10-vFennec-52.2.0esr TorBrowser-7.0-1 Orfox-1.4-RC-3.apk
* orWall-org.ethack.orwall-40-v1.2.0.apk
* Orweb-info.guardianproject.browser-7010-v0.7.1.apk
* OsmAnd Contour lines-net.osmand.srtmPlugin.paid-9-v1.0.apk
* OsmAnd~-net.osmand.plus-293-v2.9.3.apk
* OSMTracker for AndroidT-me.guillaumin.android.osmtracker-37-v0.6.11.apk
* Privacy Browser-com.stoutner.privacybrowser.standard-30-v2.8.apk
* QKSMS-com.moez.QKSMS-135-v2.7.3.apk
* Quickoffice-com.quickoffice.android-1503111803-v6.5.1.12.apk
* SatStat-com.vonglasow.michael.satstat-3020-v3.2.apk
* ScreenCam-com.orpheusdroid.screenrecorder-22-v1.8.5.apk
* Shopping List-com.woefe.shoppinglist-8-v0.8.0.apk
* Simple Stopwatch-toplab18.apps.simplestopwatch-8-v1.08.apk
* Simply Do-kdk.android.simplydo-3-v0.9.3.apk
* Solar Compass-com.agnibho.android.solarcompass-1-v1.0.apk
* Stopwatch-com.kodarkooperativet.notificationstopwatch-6-v1.4.apk
* Talkatone-com.talkatone.android-1804041547-v5.7.9.apk
* TalkBack-com.google.android.marvin.talkback-60100449-v6.1.0.186797687.apk
* TextNow-com.enflick.android.TextNow-11742-v5.50.0.apk
* Topo Maps-com.realgeography.topocache-14-v2.0.1.apk
* Trackbook-org.y20k.trackbook-20-v1.1.4.apk
* US Topo Maps-com.atlogis.northamerica.free-63-v4.5.16 free.apk
* ViewRanger-com.augmentra.viewranger.android-8030701-v8.3.70.apk
* VLC-org.videolan.vlc-12051204-v2.5.12.apk
* Voice-com.google.android.apps.googlevoice-107776-v5.9.191668881.apk
* Voice Notify-com.pilot51.voicenotify-22-v1.1.2.apk
* WebRadio-starcom.snd-2-v1.2.apk
* Wifi Analyser-com.keuwl.wifi-6-v1.10.apk
* Wifi Analyzer-com.farproc.wifi.analyzer-133-v3.10.6-L.apk
* WiFiAnalyzer-com.vrem.wifianalyzer-35-v1.8.9.apk
* X-plore-com.lonelycatgames.Xplore-40000-v4.00.00.apk
Arlen Holder
2018-07-13 04:54:39 UTC
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_android_apk019.jpg>
Here are the 110 free apps that were installed on the old phone
(which are now installed on the new phone!)
Hi sms,

More success! (It's just so easy to do anything you want to on Android!)

I ran a hundred more tests for you where I installed over a hundred apps
culled from the old phone onto the new phone via the 110 APK files that
were created by the freeware App Backup & Restore app, and all hundred of
the installed programs worked just fine even though the old phone was a
$200 MotoG from the Google Play store running Android 5.x and the new phone
is one of the many $130 LG Stylo 3 Plus phones I bought at Christmas from
Costco which run Android 7.x (Nougat).

Here is the first pass rough organization on the new phone:

As you may know, my philosophy is that there should always only be a single
homescreen, and everything should fit into a dozen task-based folders.

In addition, since Android plays so nicely with Windows, I used Windows to
set up the file hierarchy on Android where the same dozen task-based
folders on the home screen are in the phone file system:

Notice how much *power* this gives us, where the home screen has task-based
folders which access this task-based storage where each of the over one
hundred applications has its own storage space on the Android file system
for its data, along with a readme log which I manually manage from Windows
which is written as I install each app.

Obviously *none* of this power is available to iOS users - but I did all
this to show you that it could easily be done the following:

a. Years after you've installed your apps, you can _still_ archive them
b. Where the APKs you create will work on almost any Android phone

(HINT: Try that with iOS!) :)
Arlen Holder
2018-07-13 07:48:46 UTC
Despite both nospam's and Jolly Roger's entirely fictional yet again wholly
imagined fabrications of non-existent iOS functionality, the fact is that
the task of the subject line just can't be done, with iOS, using the normal
free apps as downloaded from the App Store.

It works fine for Android - but it's not possible on iOS.

When you see both Jolly Roger and nospsam literally scream that their
imaginary iOS functionality exists, you'll have to bear in mind that both
are clever enough (or stupid enough - pick one) to ignore the fact that the
iOS free apps from the App Store are still tied to an ID, while the Android
free apps are not tied to anything.

Hence, while iOS apps can be "copied" anywhere you want to copy them, and
if they're tied to "your" id, then they'll work - they won't work if their
tied to your friend's and other people's IDs.

Either nospam and Jolly Roger are cleverly ignoring that obvious fact, or,
they're actually both really that ignorant as to not know how typical free
apps work when downloaded from the App Store.

Meanwhile, I just populated a new Android 7.x $130 32GB LG Stylo 3 Plus
from an old Android 5.x $200 8GB Moto_G, where the hundred long-ago
installed apps were archived just now, years after they were installed, and
all hundred apps were successfully loaded onto the new phone even given
that the ID on the old phone and the id on the new phone don't match (and,
in fact, neither ID exists because their is no need for an app store once
you know what apps you like).
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_android_apk022.jpg>

To make it even easier, I used Windows to populate the phone's data
hierarchy, so that the data hierarchy matches the installed software and
menu hierarchy, which is also impossible to do with iOS.
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_android_apk023.jpg>

None of this power & functionality exists on iOS, whereas, on Android,
it just works.